Medical assistant is a job profile suitable to aspirants who wish to build their career in the medical field serving patients and assisting the physicians. This is a challenging job requiring multitasking skills of coordinating between the patients and also taking care of the administrative tasks.
Medical Assistant Training Schools in Alabama:
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Diploma
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Programs include BS in Healthcare Management programs and MBA in Healthcare Administration.
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance.
- Healthcare Administration programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Earn your degree online from Ashford University!
- Choose from Undergraduate and Graduate classes
- Business, Health Care, Psychology and Liberal Arts programs to choose from
- Apply Now! Classes begin every Tuesday!
- BA in Complementary and Alternative Health
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
Prospects of medical assistants in Alabama
Medical assistant jobs are of high demand in Alabama with a growth estimation of around 48% by the year 2016 adding at least 320 new medical assistant jobs in the medical facilities each year.
Education required in Alabama to become a medical assistant
In Alabama a school education is just enough and doesn’t require a formal education to apply for this medical assistant job. However, there is great demand for aspirants who had a formal training and got certified as medical assistants from the American medical technologists or the American Association of Medical Assistants with better job opportunities and higher salaries.
Hence, it is better for those looking to become a medical assistant in Alabama to have a formal training from schools accredited by CAAHEP and ABHES that shall educate the aspirants following the course curriculum making them proficient in handling all the duties by a CMA.
Medical assistant salary in Alabama
Certified medical assistants in Alabama can expect a salary of around $30,000 per annum along with other benefits like insurance, retirement plans, sick leaves, vacation pay and so on. Right now medical assistants in Alabama are getting paid an hourly wage of $11.86 to $13.18 based on the location of work. The AAMA survey is also very promising quoting that those with an experience of three to five years can earn a dollar more per hour and those with 16 years plus can demand as much as four dollars more than the fresh graduates looking out for jobs.
There are so many esteemed colleges in Alabama offering these medical assistant programs for one to enroll themselves for training.