Medical assistant is a job profile suitable to aspirants who wish to build their career in the medical field serving patients and assisting the physicians. This is a challenging job requiring multitasking skills of coordinating between the patients and also taking care of the administrative tasks.
Medical Assistant Training Schools in Alabama:
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- AS - Medical Assistant
- AAS - Medical Assistant
- Certificate in Medical Assistant
- And more...
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Health Information Management, Billing and Coding - Diploma
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Occupational Science
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Medical Billing Specialist
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Several nursing programs are available at the bachelor's, post-graduate, master's, and doctoral levels.
- Graduate-level specialization options include Nurse Educator, Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Administrator, and more.
- Nursing programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Nursing (BS)
Prospects of medical assistants in Alabama
Medical assistant jobs are of high demand in Alabama with a growth estimation of around 48% by the year 2016 adding at least 320 new medical assistant jobs in the medical facilities each year.
Education required in Alabama to become a medical assistant
In Alabama a school education is just enough and doesn’t require a formal education to apply for this medical assistant job. However, there is great demand for aspirants who had a formal training and got certified as medical assistants from the American medical technologists or the American Association of Medical Assistants with better job opportunities and higher salaries.
Hence, it is better for those looking to become a medical assistant in Alabama to have a formal training from schools accredited by CAAHEP and ABHES that shall educate the aspirants following the course curriculum making them proficient in handling all the duties by a CMA.
Medical assistant salary in Alabama
Certified medical assistants in Alabama can expect a salary of around $30,000 per annum along with other benefits like insurance, retirement plans, sick leaves, vacation pay and so on. Right now medical assistants in Alabama are getting paid an hourly wage of $11.86 to $13.18 based on the location of work. The AAMA survey is also very promising quoting that those with an experience of three to five years can earn a dollar more per hour and those with 16 years plus can demand as much as four dollars more than the fresh graduates looking out for jobs.
There are so many esteemed colleges in Alabama offering these medical assistant programs for one to enroll themselves for training.