Medical assistant plays an important role in the medical facilities taking care of the administrative tasks as well providing clinical assistance to physicians in treating the patients.
Schools in Arkansas:
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
- Medical Billing Specialist
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
Medical assistant career in Arkansas
Those looking for a career of medical assistant in Arkansas should however realize that the state of Arkansas has not recognized medical assisting as a profession though there is lot of demand for them in the state. Arkansas is also one of the lowest paying states for the medical assistants due to which many aspirants even cross state lines for their future.
Employment environment in Arkansas for medical assistants
However the situation is now gradually changing with lot of demand for qualified medical assistants and pressure being put on the state government to recognize the profession officially. There are indeed around 7,000 medical assistants working in the state health care facilities, physician’s offices or clinics rendering their vital services to the community.
Salary for medical assistants in Arkansas
Though the average salary for medical assistants in Arkansas range in-between $22,460 to $28,140 this situation would change very soon as rising demand for medical assistants just like in any other state. However for better salaries and job opportunities it is important that the aspirants equip themselves with the necessary qualifications by attending accredited medical assistant programs to offer their professional services to the medical facilities.
Those who have good credentials, education and certification or license can surely find best opportunities in Arkansas as qualified medical assistants.
There are a few good schools in Arkansas offering this medical assistant training program that are accredited by CAAHEP or ABHES following the national curriculum of theoretical classes, externship and clinical practicum preparing aspirants for the certification exam.