- Professional Medical Assistant
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
- BS in Community Health Education
- BS in Public Health
- MS Public Health
Maine is a state known for its beautiful coastlines and fresh seafood’s attracting many tourists round the year. However with few urban areas in the state the job opportunities are very much restricted making it difficult even for the medical assistants to find a career in the field. However it doesn’t mean that there are no openings but due to a few opportunities the competition is very high to get a job in reputed medical facilities.
This means those aspiring to find jobs as medical assistants in Maine need to have proper education and credentials to enhance their job opportunities. There are many colleges offering accredited training programs for their students to have an edge in the competition over other applicants.
Salary for medical assistants in Maine
Medical assistant’s salary averages to $14. 0 per hour which is not bad when compared to other states and hence the demand for this career in Maine. However according to the bureau of labor statistics this position is soon going to change with an expected growth in this field and new jobs adding to the already existing 6,000 medical assistants.
The role of medical assistants is indeed very crucial in the success of health originations as they are the first point of contact for patients at the administrative desk and also the ones who are going to assist the physicians in the direct treatment to patients. Hence many physicians or health organizations look forward for qualified medical assistants who can handle their duties effectively.
Medical assistant schools in Maine
There are some best medical schools in Maine offering accredited programs to the aspirants and help them shape their career in this field. The programs are offered for both diploma and associate degrees that are recognized by ABHES or CAAHEP to attempt the certificate examination conducted by the concerned board in the state.
The aspirants are trained on both theoretical concepts and practical front to professionally prepare them for the medical assistant career.